The New Pathways -- Building A Social Media Presence

This was my project speech at our recent YMCA Toastmasters Club's meeting. It was a great opportunity to share about my journey on Social Media Presence, especially over the last few months.
 
Necessity is the mother of invention. I got into video production because of a need to create a video for our recent Rotary's Gift of Sight project in Nepal. Thanks to two very knowledgeable and helpful guys, I was able to produce two fairly good quality videos immediately. You can view these on my Facebook page. 
 
 
My journey in Social Media Presence dated back to the time I chartered the 1st prototype Rotary Cyberclub in Asia. Literally, I had to get things running within 6 months after approval from Rotary International.
 
At our physical YMCA meeting I showed how much I had been through since those early days in 2004. I produced this short less than 60 seconds video clip to demonstrate the transformation. Indeed, a picture is worth a thousand words. 


With this video clip, especially over the last few months with Pathways, you can see that I went from a traditional website and Facebook presence to writing blogs, posting videos which I created on YouTube, Instagram and other social media. I also learned how to edit videos for greater impact.    
 
This is just the beginning. As I gain more experience with the newly acquired knowledge and skills, I will be more creative with new ideas. Thank you Toastmasters. With the new Pathways, it has rekindled my joy of learning. Why not join me in this wonderful journey??


Chew Ban Seng DTM
Past District Governor


 

Comments

  1. Well done.. ..the video was noted on instagram.. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. For some reasons, I am no longer allowed to share this blog link of Facebook. Anyone know the reason(s) and how to overcome this issue?

      Delete
    2. You are now back on Facebook , so it is good!!

      Delete
  2. Yes, I asked Facebook why I am barred from posting my own blog. 😆

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment