The New Pathways -- Writing A Compelling Blog

Pathways' Level 4 project, Write A Compelling Blog, requires the participant to review or introduce the skills needed to write and maintain a blog.
Actually, this was a mental hurdle I had to overcome. I had never written a blog before and did not know how to really start. So what did I do??

I got hold of my YMCA Toastmasters Club's Vice President Education, Shamila Perera, who is an IT Consultant. He was the first person to ask me to start with Blogger.com which is "free" and an easier entry to blogging.
The word "easy" is an understatement. I had a very tough time... but with Shamila hand-holding me, I managed to discover and overcame many of the teething issues. Of course, it is far from perfect.   
Today is my 13th blog post on The New Pathways, Toastmasters International.
I am starting to get a handful of audience although not as many as I would like. Two had left behind very inspiring words to encourage me to spur on. So I shall persist at least until I have obtained my DTM under Pathways (which would be my 3rd DTM)! 
What I am happy about my blog?
Personally I like the current layout. In my opinion, it is easy to read and editing is also relatively easy.
What would I like to see improved?
I would like to increase the number of readership. If anyone can offer advice, please leave  them behind under comment.

Chew Ban Seng DTM
Past District Governor

Comments

  1. Well done Chew Ban Seng DTM for connecting with your Club's VPE for this blog writing, and it is excellent team work, and I as a reader it helps me to think ahead as in every path there is this option to another like create a podcast but this is a better choice, you have pave the way...all the best to your final lap in level 5, then you will have finished 1 path, going really fast like on a high-speed train, Go for it and See you at the Top!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great! bravo! I believe you mean 13th Post - or did you create 12 other blogs? I do have many but over 12 years, each created for a different purpose or language.

    I think your blog is indeed easy to read. Could be best, but that is personal taste, with a second column at left or right, where we can see the archieve of all blog titles and other stuf one can add. Perhaps, you could even make a post about what are the beginner Blogger difficulties. In one hour, I have to help out someone, who unlike you wanting more to come to read, would like to be her blog, done as university assignment is less read possible.

    I will read later more of this blog, then could write in my own blog also about the Pathways. My blog title is Pathwaysexperience.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, it shows how amateurish I am. Yes, it is my 13th post. Much appreciated. ;)

      Delete
    2. Wow... Much to learn firstly about blogging and others mentioned.. . I would prefer it simple, clear to read.
      Looking forward to reading more of BS posts as I follow this link.. Great to know you both.. Smile!

      Delete

Post a Comment