The New Pathways -- Completing Level 5, What's Next??

Finally, I am done and have completed my Leadership Development Path. It is an extremely good feeling. I have learned a great deal in the process. So, "What's next", you may ask??

I had previously purchased two other paths, namely, Team Collaboration and Strategic Relationships. Since I have already done up to Level 2 on Team Collaboration, I shall continue to work and finish this path as quickly as possible.   

                                               

In reviewing my own progress in completing the first Pathways path in under 4 months, it would be interesting to share Success Expert Richard St. John's observations on the 8 Traits of Successful People - 8 critical factors for achievements.

This is what he said, "I discovered the 8 traits successful people have in common, or the 8 to be great: Love what you do; work really hard; focus on one thing, not everything; keep pushing yourself; come up with good ideas; keep improving yourself and what you do; serve others something of value, because success isn’t just about me, me, me; and persist, because there’s no overnight success."

Based on 10 years of research and more than 500 face-to-face interviews with top notched industry leaders, Richard discovered that successful people have these 8 traits in common, namely, Passion, Work, Focus, Push, Ideas, Improve, Serve and Persist. Collectively, he calls them "the heart of success" i.e. the foundation. We build the specific skills we need for our job and career; including technical skills, analytical skills, people skills, creative skills etc. However, no matter what field we may be in, the 8 traits will be at the heart of our success!  

Special thanks to Matthew Kleinosky for sharing this wonderful Pathways projects layout. It is visually so enlightening. Much appreciated!


One of the best ways I have found to commit to our goals is to articulate and share them with our family and friends. Firstly, this helps us to crystalise our thoughts and, more importantly, we have made a commitment to ourself to walk our talk!

So after completing my Pathways Leadership Development path and 2 levels in Team Collaboration, here are what I plan to do to complete two paths by 28 February 2018 (setting a date is very important).

Level 3 (3 projects) a. Successful Collaboration b. Connect with the Audience and c. Using Presentation Software; Level 4 (2 projects) a. Motivate others b. Building a Social Media Presence; Level 5 (3 projects) a. Lead in any situation b. either Ethical Leadership or High Performance Leadership c. Reflect on your path.

Using Stephen Covey's "Begin with the end in mind", I have created a road map for yourself. I have only 8 projects left to complete my Team Collaboration path by end of February 2018.  


Chew Ban Seng DTM
Past District Governor





Comments

  1. Very interesting qualitites. Without perhaps putting Success ever as a goal, for myself, when you have the Passion, the Work does not seem hard any more, even 78 hours a week, I once did regularaly. I push myself, some say without looking enough at right or left, and on the way I do get creative Ideas for which I continue fighting as needed. Yes, improving ourselves is one of the huge benefits Pathways offers us, while Helping those around us; for me not to "serve" but helping is so rewarding. Persist, is what I learned very young from my father. It helps a lot.

    I am sure, you will achieve your goals. Why is the date so important? Thank you for the very interesting blog post! It made me reflect, and perhaps, I will be able to use some of it in my own blog. We learn from each other and thus all progress better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All plans must have a fixed time-frame (can be short-term or long-term). Without one, the mind wanders... and many people take either longer... or forever to finish.

      Delete

Post a Comment