The New Pathways -- My Pathways DTM

Hallelujah! All the requirements for my Pathways DTM are completed. I delivered my second DTM project speech at YMCA on 21 March 2018. What a wonderful feeling of relief and accomplishment. It is all over now... DONE!!

YMCA Toastmasters Club had submitted the necessary application form to World Headquarters (WHQ) and we now await their confirmation and good news!

At this moment, TI does not have a ready form for the "early birds" who are submitting for their Pathways DTM recognition. Until then, we need to use existing Application Form 1228 for ADVANCED LEADER/DISTINGUISHED TOASTMASTER (AL)/(DTM) and submit via one of the following methods, namely,
- Online through Club Central (can only be submitted by a club officer)
- By fax at 949-858-1207
- By email at educationawards@toastmasters.org
- By mail at Toastmasters International, P.O. Box 9052, Mission Viejo, CA 92690 USA.


Not all Pathways paths are created equal. This was what my inspiration, 83 year old Julie Kertesz had shared (she has already completed 4 Pathways paths and is now in various stages for another 2 more).

Quote
"Before you choose, best understand where your path will lead and reflect if that is what you prefer. Some are more difficult, or take longer then the others. Some paths arrive to similar ends by different ways.

3 Paths finish with High Performance Leadership not so different the one existing now. Effective coaching (Reaching Consensus; Coach three times); Innovative Planning (Proposal; Manage Projects) and the Persuasive Influence (Conflict resolution; Leading in Difficult condition).

3 Paths finish with a project needing 6 month Leading a Team: Dynamic Leadership (Negotiate, Manage Change); Team Collaboration (Learn to Collaborate, Motivate others) and the Strategic Relationship (Networking, Public Relationship).

Two Paths finish creating a special event. Leadership Development and Motivational strategies. Presentation Mastery ends with a keynote like speech; and Visionary Communication with finding and beginning to implement a vision."
Unquote

I enjoyed a great journey of learning since the official launch of Pathways in Region 14 on 26 July 2017. I completed two paths, namely, Leadership Development and Team Collaboration. My goal of going at an accelerated pace is to show that we are never too old to learn; especially to "old timer" friends who have been with the movement for 18 years or more.

At 69, I am able to achieve the Pathways DTM within 8 months from date of launch because I have some unutilized past credits. I was Vice President Education for 14 months, Club Coach and District Governor for 12 months each. I only needed to fulfill the requirement as Coordinator for Youth Leadership Program which I did in November 2017.

For "brand new" Toastmasters who start from scratch, the shortest length of time for them to meet all the requirements to become a Pathways DTM will probably be not less than 3 years.

I have finished my race, I have completed the task on hand... and once all paperwork are sorted out, I should become a Pathways DTM by end of this month.


Chew Ban Seng DTM
Past District Governor


Comments

  1. Wow Wow wow, I salute you, so excellent and beautifully done in just 8 months , All accomplished, does call for a celebration.πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜Š

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. Mission accomplished. Next on my list is to get my ACTA certification by end May. 😘

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done my friend, you do Excel in a lot of things in life especially when you have the passion and heart for the work that you set out to do, To your best for ACTA certification.
      Thanks for sharing. πŸ€—πŸ€—

      Delete

Post a Comment