The New Pathways -- Becoming a Pathways DTM

Toastmasters' Pathways is fantastic. I really love it! I was able to incorporate many activities outside Toastmasters in doing related projects. This makes Pathways very engaging. It has given me the opportunity to learn at an accelerated pace. 


For those who have been following my blog, you would have known that I always begin with the end in mind. Having a proper road map helps me to stay focused on what I need to do to get a DTM in Pathways. On 12 October 2017, I became a Coordinator, Youth Leadership Program @ ITE College East. I wish to record my special thanks to PQD Harikrishnan Muthusamy, District 80, for personally sponsoring the YLP training materials purchased from WHQ.
Now that I had completed two Pathways paths, namely, Leadership Development and Team Collaboration, the next step is to embark on my DTM project. For this, I have selected World Speech Day Singapore 2018 where I am Co-Organising Chair. This global annual event with "live streaming" via YouTube will be held at Lee Kong Chian Auditorium, YMCA of Singapore on 15 March 2018.

I joined Toastmasters as a Charter Member of Clementi Toastmasters Club  on 1 May 2001. Since then, below are some achievements I had accumulated over the years...

District Governor 2014-2015, District 80 - Select Distinguished District; Toastmasters International Excellence in Leadership Award 2015 (Las Vegas, USA)
Lt Governor Education & Training 2013-2014, District 80 - President's Distinguished District; Toastmasters International; Excellence in Education & Training Award 2014 (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia)
Division Governor 2003-2004, District 51 - Division Governor of the year 2004; President's Distinguished Division Governor 2004
Area Governor 2002-2003, District 51 - Select Distinguished Area Governor 2003, Division B
Club President 2009-2010, YMCA Toastmasters Club - President's Distinguished Club, District 80
Club President 2002-2003, Clementi Toastmasters Club - President's Distinguished Club, District 51
Vice President Education 2001-2002, Clementi Toastmasters Club, District 51 
Club Sponsor 642695 (17 March 2004), Club Mentor 686235 (30 November 2004), Club Coach 5302 (30 June 2004)  
Coordinator, Youth Leadership Program from 12 October 2017 to 2 November 2018 @ITE College East, District 80

I utilized my Club Sponsor credit for the first DTM (2004) and Club Mentor for the second (2013). Now, I plan to use my Club Coach credit for this new DTM (2018).

The DTM project does not require a guidance committee. The only expectation is that the project "will provide benefit to Toastmasters or some organisation". You may select a project for your community, an association, a service club, or a professional group.

Once I have completed the required project, I should be able to apply for my DTM recognition. So I am looking forward to becoming a "brand new" Pathways DTM by 31 March 2018.


Chew Ban Seng DTM
Past District Governor

Comments

  1. Bravo and Congratulations PDG Chew Ban Seng, DTM. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment